Frisbee Golf for all ages!

The Membership Committee is working to set up more UUCville social activities. Here’s the first one! Frisbee Golf for all ages!
 Join me for a friendly game (translation: I’m terrible at this game, but enjoy it.) of Disc Golf at Fluvanna’s Pleasant Grove Park on Saturday, November 6th at 10am....

Continue reading

Draft Developmental Ministry Goals

The UUCville Board is in the process of identifying goals for our Developmental Ministry period. The board developed a draft of goals (shown below) to be used to start off Listening Circles in September and early October. We have also summarized the Listening Circle comments in a separate document. We...

Continue reading

Summary of the Listening Circle Developmental Ministry Goals

The UUCville board facilitated Listening Circles to discuss Developmental Ministry Goals on September 21 and 26 and on October 10. Forty eight people participated. Congregants spoke with appreciation for each other and many aspects of church life including: How well staff and many volunteers have kept us together and thriving...

Continue reading

Developmental Minister Search: Listening Circles

UU Cville will soon begin a search for a new Developmental Minister who we expect will join our congregation in August 2022. You may ask what is a Developmental Minister? With our interim minister, Rev. Linda, we have been working on a thorough, multi dimensional self evaluation. We have examined...

Continue reading

A Birthday Blessing for Greta

It was a joy to help celebrate Greta Dershimer on her 90th birthday and to gather with friends and loved ones in our church’s beautiful gardens.  Happy Birthday, Greta!  Several people asked me to share the blessing I offered Greta that day. It is posted below. Friends, please know that...

Continue reading

President’s September Report

President’s Report September 2021 Pam McIntire This month we have begun preparing for the Developmental Minister search. The board selected
 members for the Developmental Minister Search Committee and met to discuss what goals we will
 have for the developmental ministry years. We will have two Listening Circles to talk with

Continue reading

I’m Scared

Not all the time and not every day. But I feel like writing about fear. I’m still scared of Covid because it keeps morphing, even though I’m maskinated like all my friends and very careful. I’m scared for other people; especially children in low-vax areas. Pan out worldwide and I’m...

Continue reading

Elders’ Garden Party, June 2021

Last Saturday many of our congregants gathered on the lawn of Summit House to visit, enjoy tea and lemonade, munch on delectables and enjoy each other’s company.  It was delightful to see each other. Thanks to all who contributed and made the event possible and to our three ministers, Revs....

Continue reading

Get Grounded: Adopt A Spot

Join in service with other congregants to create and maintain our sacred grounds! Perhaps there is a small piece of our UU grounds that is special to you or an area you would like to see improved. There is an array of “spots” to adopt, from the very small to...

Continue reading